Grounds and Landscape Associate (St. Johns, MI)
In business presentation is key and we take pride in not only exhibiting a solid presentation internally, but externally as well. In this role we are looking for an individual who has a keen eye for detail while maintaining a strong sense of creativity. As a grounds and landscape associate you will actively engage in the daily grounds keeping and maintenance aspects of our facilities.
- General grounds maintenance including mowing, trimming, edging, pruning etc.
- Assist with record keeping of preventative maintenance program for grounds equipment
- Tree maintenance including planting, removal, blocking, splitting, and stacking wood
- Monitoring turf and ornamentals for disease, insects, or rodent damage
- Apply fertilizer & pesticide sprays for turf and ornamentals and keep record of applications
- Irrigation systems scheduling perform maintenance and repair programs
- Equipment maintenance
- Trash pickup and cleanup
- Snow plowing and snow removal
- Daily communications with supervisor, NCRS and/or Facilities Department staff members
- Assist NCRS with various tasks as needed
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management
- Previous grounds maintenance or landscaping experience
- Basic knowledge of job related machines and tools as well as their designs, uses and repair.
- General computer knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Mechanically inclined
- Comfortable working primarily outside
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, squat, stoop for extended periods of time and move over 75 lbs.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Current Pesticide License (3A/3B/6)
- Forklift Operator Certification or ability to obtain one
- Chauffeurs license or the ability to obtain one
- The ability to communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and set goals to accomplish your work
Interested applicants should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org