Equipment Technician Specialist (St. Johns, MI)
Perform maintenance, repairs, and purchasing in the areas of machine and vehicle servicing that supports AgroLiquid’s research farm. Perform fabrication that supports the repair and maintenance of existing equipment which includes but not limited to welding, cutting and sizing experience in Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum. Knowledgeable in procedures and safety measures in area(s) of specialty. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the research department. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals through a variety of tasks. Ability to work under general supervision with a certain degree of creativity and latitude. Maintain a well-organized work area and shop as well as all related out buildings.
- Repair and schedule maintenance of all farm type machinery and vehicle servicing.
- Setup and troubleshoot John Deere GreenStar systems.
- Diagnose and repair 12V systems, hydraulics and small engines
- Oversight and execution of shop projects.
- Maintain computerized records of operational tasks, equipment maintenance and tasks.
- Execute DOT inspections for over the road equipment, trucks, trailers, and pickups at site
- Perform general farm duties such as tillage, planting and harvest as necessary
- Purchase of equipment and shop supplies and documentation of necessary records
- Purchase order management in Filemaker for maintenance related items
- Maintain records of maintenance and repairs
- Weld, paint, fabricate and limited machine work may also be required.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe working environment
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management
- Associates Degree or Skilled Trades/Vocational certificate in equipment related area
- Related job experience
- Demonstrated GreenStar GPS system knowledge
- Experience with John Deere mechanical and electrical repairs
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Experience in MIG, ARC, TIG, and Gas welding preferred
- Proven ability to source parts and supplies online
- Organization and prioritizing applied skill set
- Ability to stand; sit; lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain.
- Microsoft Office Skills
Please send resume or inquiry to Human Resources